PR Account Director/Vice President, Healthcare Team
Location: New York City or Norwalk, CT
ICR, a leading strategic communications firm, is seeking an Account Director/Vice President to join its growing Healthcare PR team. This individual will work closely with senior practice leaders to provide critical communications and media relations support to the firm’s diverse roster of biopharmaceutical, medical technology and healthcare services clients. This individual will be responsible for leading multiple accounts, and be relied upon to develop and execute strategic communications plans that advance client business objectives, influence public opinion and enhance corporate reputation. The individual will assist with new business development efforts, crisis communications and special situation projects. The ideal candidate is passionate about healthcare communications and media relations, and excels in a team environment where management and junior staff work hand in hand to achieve outstanding results. Previous healthcare and/or financial media relations experience is highly valued.
- Play an active role in the research, planning and development of strategic corporate communications programs
- Drive execution of communication strategy, including aggressive pitching of business, financial and trade media
- Develop or refine corporate messaging to ensure the client’s value proposition is conveyed in a clear and compelling way
- Maintain strong relationships with business, financial and trade media
- Develop client content, including bylined articles, press releases, media pitches, and digital content
- Proactive media relations to achieve quality, high-impact placements on a regular basis
- Maintain and enhance client relationships
- Understand the client’s overall business objectives and develop strategies in order to effectively promote specific campaigns
- Involvement with new business efforts, including playing an active role in pitches and the drafting of pitch and proposal materials
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant agency or corporate PR experience, showing proven editorial placements in business and trade media.
- Previous experience working with biopharmaceutical, medical technology and/or other healthcare sector companies required.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage clients and accounts, including managing junior staff, client issues, budgets, etc.
- Previous experience in new business development, including research, creative development, and pitching client prospects is preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and proactively pitch and anticipate client needs
- Strong writing skills and experience developing compelling pitches
- Social media savvy is a plus
- Critical and structured thinker with superior analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to synthesize information, set and execute on strategic and tactical objectives
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple assignments
- Creative and energetic personality
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
B.S/B.A in public relations, marketing, business communications or related field preferred